Welcome barn-burners!

read well. live well. love well.

Thursday, September 4, 2008

tribute to voice

i pull her covers off with my mouth.
i'm tasting it with my wagging tongue
tastes like her.
i taste, taste,taste. I taste sugar and vanilla. Oh and I smell something; it's seeping under the door. i drool, drool.
Oh, it is that yummy sliced meat with smoked flavor and that red stuff they dip it in with those shinny pointy things.
it is. I can't wait. they place it were I can reach it. I will have to look cute before this happens wait for the ohhhs and ahhhs. and aw, baby's. I love them.

that thing that makes the cold is making noise. I hide in her covers. I lay in them and curl up like a macaroni or burnt hot dog, the kind that shrinks and curls but still tastes good even if they want to throw it out and I've drooled on it and its slobbery so they have to give it to me.

they give it to me. oh, dreams of hotdogs on meaty mountains of the brown stuff they put on chicken and those milky sweet things that come in those boxes. I see her now. Sticking her hand in, it gets lost. I get worried. She's lost her hand! oh, no. Wait!
It's magic. Her hand comes out of the box. I can feel my ears twitch as she says it "Here, baby." I drool- ools all over the place.
"Oh, that's it." She gives it to me just like that. And, my mouth is full. I keep licking and licking.

"Oh my baby's never satisfied" She says, her high pitched voice hurts when she says things loud, when she gets excited. She runs her hands through my hair. I roll over. She scratches my belly. My leg twitches. I can't stop laughing; it feels so good like the time at the beach when I was yelling at those moving mountains. They were going to eat her I swear, but she stepped right into them. She didn't care. She's the bravest of all the pack. I yell some more. I can feel my hair rising. It rises.
They've swallowed her those yelling mountains; they roar when they touch the rice like yellow ground. I feel them under my toes; they turn into white stuff like the white stuff in the sky but only when they hit the yellow stuff. I feel them; they feel ich-ich-ich; I lick them just to see what they taste like. They taste like that white stuff that's on that place they put the food. They shake it onto everything. The ground tastes like that probably because of them and their white stuff like clouds.

I saved her from their white stuff. I yelled until they spit her out. She came out drenched in their drool-ools. She was safe. All because of me and my yelling.

The thing that makes the cold is still screaming like that lady that was stuck inside the box thing that turns on and off. She screamed for all long time once, because the box was left on. By, the time I had figured out how to get her to shut up like those moving mountains. It was too late. Because, my love was already home and she had a box filled with treats. She gave me one. Her hand disappeared. "Oh, that's my baby" she says. "Sit boy." She scratches my ear. My tail wags. "You are such a good puppy!"

No comments: