Welcome barn-burners!

read well. live well. love well.

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

stop asking questions! I know what I am doing.

My mom called and asked about my article today. I said
"Mom it's not my article any more. I've sold it."
She didn't get it. She said,

"Oh, if this is all about selling out and all of that BS. you can forget about it. We breathe the same air. You sold out when you were born."

"WHAT?" I said, "There's static." I hung up only to call her back. "Mom, I love you"
"I know honey"
"And I miss you"
"I know honey"
"And I know how what you mean"
"About what, honey?"
"About selling out"
"Oh, I didn't mean to offend you"
"No, It's a shit article anyway"
"I don't like you attitude"
"I know"
"Go do some yoga, or have a glass of wine."
"Okay. Oh, and Mom I've been thinking about July when I come visit"
"yeah and?"
"And, I want to sleep in the basement."
The internet cut out. END CONVO HERE!

No comments: