Welcome barn-burners!

read well. live well. love well.

Monday, August 4, 2008

The day the air smelled like dead something
my mom told me all about you and how you believed that the Montok
monster was real.
so what if it's hiding under your bed
so what if it just wants to hold you
and rub its scaly hands all over your
warm body.

little scrapes on soft
body. cold on warmth
she told me all about you.
the air was heavy with
water and smoke and
the trees formed a canopy of leaves
yellow, brown from the sun.
yes, I hear the wind
she tells me your secrets
she says your stories
in little tones with hushed "OHHS" and outstanding
"YES, DARLING. PLEASE YESES!!"

and then,
there's the truth.
she says your story
I hear her through the roof
of greens
yellows

But, I don't remember it
anymore.
I see you.
I see you closing in, opening up
screaming for more
more of me
less of you.

what?
"yes darling. Please yes!"
... you say
yes darling
please yes.
YES PLEASE.

No comments: