Welcome barn-burners!

read well. live well. love well.

Friday, August 29, 2008

FOUND: HUGHES

Anonanonanon.

sometimes a ditch full of
magnificent, cold water
is a slow motion
dissecting experiment
on speech and
action; full of
anecdotes.

TED.

they took me to
where I saw
the deer all colors from white through
every brown to black
and curious pheasants
with tails like rockets.
and I played records full
of anecdotes:
look after yourself
and write.
love; over
the great park.


Dear Pumpkin.
if this doesn’t reach you
i have no great news; only
everything is in the same expression
as you left it. every
thing is warn out from trying to
hear you.
Did I hear you?
or was it the
cracking of a locust in Palestine
as he does nothing but
HOWL about the lightness
of your fingers. then
he goes frighteningly beserk
like a whip cracking,
GROWLING enrage.


TELL ME SECRETS.

Spring
froze in silence ---
four inches of ice
but, no snow.

Silence
its coat over its
arm teaches
perfect freedom.

Freedom,
absurd, exquisite
possession.

Possession,
composes letters in
an intricate geometry of
lights and shades in the
modest emerging of
morning.

Morning,
the clamor of
the world
tell me: How is
life?

Life,
“light and shades”
When I come out there
I expect
love.

No comments: