Welcome barn-burners!

read well. live well. love well.

Sunday, January 27, 2008

NOISE/ TRAFFIC

The city's loud today. She speaks in high pitched tones and deep murmurs. I listen. She speaks of you. "When I think about you my heart looks like this ... <3 SHH, "We don't learn she thinks we remember if we're lucky... and look everything is turning into something else. (And this is true) Once I held your face in my hands, I saw through space." She speaks of life and death (Dylan style.) She says, "I have not lived. I've died a few times." She speaks of peace "I still believe peace has a chance (World peace, inner peace is impossible). Because, I will never get what I want." Manila speaks of emptiness. She defines it. (Ginsberg style). "Truth comes in silence not in sound." Today she discovered truth in an old handkerchief decorated with the embroidery of yachts sailing on oceans. She found it in the smoke growing over the mountains in the distance. Her high rise buildings welcome the sun by cutting through the thick smog. She learns that smoke moves (and we like smoke always changing and moving). She asks, "Do we ever realize that we are changing?"

Bob Dylan writes:
"I live in another world where life and death are memorized,Where the earth is strung with lovers' pearls and all I see are dark eyes."

Oh but still, he says:
"Time passes slowly up here in the daylight,We stare straight ahead and try so hard to stay right,Like the red rose of summer that blooms in the day,Time passes slowly and fades away."


Manila speaks and her words hit like lightning. I feel like I've been shot in the back by "a fallen leaf."
I am listening. I am listening still.

No comments: