Welcome barn-burners!

read well. live well. love well.

Thursday, January 24, 2008

poetry, proof-reading, tutoring

I am all of these things:
a. proofreader for Filipinas Heritage Library
b. English Tutor
c. Homesick for winter and OHIO (for the first time in my life)
d. watching SIX FEET UNDER
e. GETTING DRUNK TONIGHT ha

OLD POETRY...

the reasons I won't be staying

you say
good morning, again
then we
close our eyes
together
the smallest things
excite us
good morning, love
you see
the milk expires on christmas
day but you drink it before this happens.
you toss away the empty milk carton
watch it. It'll be something else in a moment.
you see
we're not afraid to close our eyes
we stop believing that nothing will ever change.

watch it. It'll be gone in an instant

It'll change into someone looking for
a place with no ghosts.
floating,
asking: Why do you throw it away before it expires?


you answer: because, I am not afraid to close my eyes
because, I run clear to the ocean. I have no idea
where you are. but you have no need to hide anymore.

It changed while
floating,
asking: Why can't you watch the milk curdle and age?

you answer: I don't want to waste anymore time.
only you know how long, till it becomes empty,
pungent, undrinkable.
FORGET IT, everything expires some time
and you are not merely unknown to me but unknowable.

No comments: