Welcome barn-burners!

read well. live well. love well.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

"i'm always ready to go."

since you went
away
my heart
is forced to
find a new place

where is it?
how many miles?
Oh, you measure in Kilometers?

does it matter?

I've found a new place
sometimes when this
place gets kind of empty
I think about
how I've heard this all
before
in a song
about leaving,
staying,
being-in-the-world
with someone else
and playing
in fields
shooting stars
etc.

Let's watch the stars like
we used to...
our new places can wait.
they can whisper to us in
the night.
we can listen together
and make out the
words
and wish that we knew
what we wanted

maybe, these places
we'll go
we can go together
we don't have to leave
each
place
and pretend
to not miss what
we miss.

Stop, looking.
I'm here,
waiting.

No comments: