Welcome barn-burners!

read well. live well. love well.

Monday, February 18, 2008

search will continue

To quote, to edit: "I imagine my search will continue--somewhere. A search for something that could very well be shaped like a door. Or maybe something closer to an umbrella, or a doughnut.
Or an elephant. A search that, I hope, will take me where I am likely to find it." H. Murakami

lonely. tiger. love.
---------------------
The tiger meows daily at 10 am and 7pm. They say, he butchered his mate between the hours of 9am- 10 am. They say this happened over a year ago. Apparently, he tore her apart.

translation of the killing (imagination)
He went for her neck first. She left a bitter taste in his mouth--jack fruit, iron, steel.
He killed her to be closer to her. To know what it would feel like to miss her.
Now, he knows. He calls out.
----
Here's a translation of meows:
Now love, you feel my hair between your teeth. Tastes like orange, black licorice I imagine that bites taste different than kisses with my little pieces grinding, mixing between your teeth. The juices that held me together flow apart through your teeth, down your throat and into your mouth. My destruction works like osmosis. The particles move from an area of greater concentration to one of lesser. I am dismantled, disembodied.

10 am. MEOW- It's a deep sound. Where is comes from is a mystery. Perhaps from somewhere deep inside? It was swimming inside before it felt like coming out. I hear it--you. The message is full of missing pieces. This is what it feels like to miss someone. Now, you feel like it's your fault. It's animal instinct--evolution. We evolve to survive.
Translation:
M- memory
e-evolution
o-osmosis
w- when?
why?
who? } wicked
Why you?
well, someone had to do it.
I could have killed you too. At least, we tried to make it. We spelled it out in meows, in licks, in IOU's. You always liked the taste of my skin. You'd say, "I want to get underneath to feel, to understand why you whisper secrets, under your breath, in the middle of the night."
And, "What do you whisper? The secrets of your parts--your lips, what your whiskers feel when they rub up against my paw. Your whispers probably reveal the secrets of atoms, of their attraction and repulsion. You feel the energy. You understand. You should have spelled it out for me. Oh, all of your secrets did not come apart when I held you in my mouth. Even with your body broken apart in pieces the secrets remained silent, waiting."

7pm meow- It's an epic sound like an orchestra playing Mozart to a crowded house of WASPS and socialites. They sip their cocktails. They are not here for the music b/c they are here for each other. Or, more likely, they are here to be seen by each other. "Oh, see all the latest Dolce , PRADA, ESCADA." "OH, hear about how so-and-so did this because she was visiting so-and-so's husband at a ski resort some where in Europe.
"what?" "What about the music?"
M- me without you
E- every thing's changed
O- Once, never
W- We stood up once
Now, You are caged and alone. Then, you remember how she tasted like licorice and oranges.

No comments: