Welcome barn-burners!

read well. live well. love well.

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Patti Smith, Novels start out in little paragraphs like this one but probably not!

after an hour long conversation with my mom about boys, life, beaches, how much love we have...
Ready, Start, now: OK! GO!
after almost a foot of snow had fallen on to the ground and then hung on like cement, of course I had to think about how some part of me was bathing in the pacific, laying on a beach coated in coconut sun oil. Of course, She's listening to music. For her, there was always music--the sound of the crabs feeding on the sand, the crackling of rock against shell as it comes in on the tide in waves of threes and fours. There are no white caps only clear, blue waters. She says in a whispher, "I am coming closer to you."
Sand covers the earth the same way snow does. It just sings a different song.

Oh, I've been feeling strange. I feel kind of like a crab or a mongoose.

Patti Smith helps. She reminds me that I am human.

"here I go and I don't know why I fell so ceaselessly could it be he's taking over me... I'm dancing barefoot heading for a spin some strange music draws me in makes me come on like some heroin... (oh god I fell for you ...)"

enough of that/this.
I am extra tired today. And, I mean it this time. I am going to listen to some Toto and cuddle next to my puppy who is sick. He's got some sort of infection. His coughs sound deep and painful.
I pretend to understand how he feels. I realize that I will never know for sure how he feels.
I guess this is the nature of relationships. There are always walls.

No comments: