Welcome barn-burners!

read well. live well. love well.

Thursday, March 6, 2008

recently played

Where you been?
When we meet we can talk awhile
I can sleep in your dreams
And true affection floats
True affections sinks like a stone
I never felt so close
I never felt so all alone

... I've been waiting a while
for Wine, then bed, then more, then again
for true affection and you were 20,000 underneath the sea
When you say it's no love affair
I will know and when we go
I'll be the only thing who cares.
And I still believe in the phrases that we breathed
But I know the distance isn't fair to cross
... I've been waiting a while
I can't stay, I can for the night, for the night
For the weekend and the night
I've been aiding my fall
Aiding my fall, aiding my fall

I can sleep in your dreams
You can take a live wire into the bath with you
For a feeling you can't find
You can entertain your childhood friends with a tour of the bedroom
Laugh to erase the dirt on your mind

The night alone I've been waiting...
Too little too late but we don't say no
It's too much to feel
I'll be long gone

I will know and when we go
I'll be the only thing who cares

****
the Blow- true affection
sunset rubdown-three colors
the numbers- beast life
the smiths- I started something I couldn't finish
talk talk- it's my life
Tapes n' Tapes- Omaha
semisonic-singing in my sleep
the willoz- something
+/- -Here we are again
the kinks- Lola
Echo & the Bunnymen- under the milky way tonight
coconut records-easy girl
sufjan stevens- chicago
the blood brothers- love rhymes with a hideous car wreck
sonic youth- superstar
why?- yo yo goodbye
new order- ceremony
gang of four- natural's not in it
the moldy peaches- anyone else but you
the cure- all cats are grey
the beatles- I will
CSS- Let's make love and listen death from above

It's true...
We all have good intentions
But all with strings attached

No comments: